Sandringham Sports Physio is excited to offer a new service to our clientele in the form of Telehealth. We are still open and continue to operate under our ‘No Risk’ Policy which includes rigorous screening including temperature screening, meticulous hygiene and a modified set up to keep patient numbers in our waiting room down to a minimum.
Telehealth is a well-established way of assessing and treating patients online without the need for them to drive to the clinic. It has been around for many years and has been shown to be very effective at helping clients achieve positive outcomes.
Once you fill in a form, we will contact you to organise the next step. This involves payment and scheduling an online meeting.
An email is sent to you with a link which will take you to the Telehealth appointment and you can use the following devices:
- Your phone, or
- A laptop with inbuilt camera, or
- A desktop computer with a webcam
Your physio will have already read your detailed history form that you have filled in prior to the session.
During the session, your physio will likely:
- Ask you any further relevant questions
- Ask you to perform some tests to get further information
- Give you an opportunity to ask questions
- Provide a diagnosis and education you on your condition and potential causes
- Help establish realistic goals
- Set an individualised exercise plan which is monitored and progressed over time
After the session you can expect to receive:
- A detailed summary report of the main findings during the session
- Your list of exercises which can be printed out or accessed online
- A follow up email to check on your
Telehealth has recently been approved and is now covered under many private health insurance funds. This has only recently been approved and we are seeking further clarification which we will provide to everyone once we have more information.
Click on Telehealth on the top right page of our website to fill in a form to get started.
Feel free to contact us:
Telephone: 9880 2337